Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fall Break Happenings

This weekend was Fall Break! Hallelujah! It's not that big of a deal for me
because I don't go to school anyway, but it was nice to get out of College Town for a few days!
Dad, Shmem, Rachit, and I drove up to Cougar Town to pick up Klin and meet Mom.
We decided that morning to go on a hike in Big Cottonwood Canyon.


When we got to the waterfall Mom wanted me to take some pictures of Rachit for her
school pictures. The lighting wasn't too great, but whatevs.


The rest of the weekend Mom, Shmem, Rachit, I shopped til we dropped! My feet
hurt so badly the next day! When we finished shopping we went to Gardner Village to see my aunt and to see the witches.


I love these baseball playing witches.


This one was the family favorite, "Witchy Poo."


A few days ago I got a flat tire, poor Mr. Truck. My dad wanted to wait til we got home to fix it so he could teach me to change a tire.


We ran into so many problems while trying to jack the truck.
1. The truck jack didn't lift the truck high enough to get it off the ground...odd since it was made for the truck.
2. The jack from our suburban was broken...glad we've never needed it until now!
3. The jack from the Toyota was stuck in the Toyota.
4. When we finally found a jack that would work it lifted the truck up, but the suspension was weird in the truck so the tire never actually came off the ground.
Dad filled the tire with a compressor and was able to drive it to Big O while I was at work! He got me some new tires! Mr. Truck looks awfully spiffy!


Last night was Lo's birthday party! We threw a bash at the institute.
Alice and I made this awesome cake, while the party was going on! haha!
Isn't it cute?! haha!




It was a fun night full of games and dancing!
I love my friends!

-Kelsey Lou

2 comments:

  1. Did you learn to change a tire then? Or was it all just taking pictures of your dad doing it? Tell him hello, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I helped until I had to go to work which was when all the real tire changing happened. But I do know now how to jack up a car.

    ReplyDelete