Monday, September 26, 2011

Relief Society Broadcast

Last Saturday was the General Relief Society Broadcast! And Klinny got us some awesome tickets! Wahoo! So my mom and I loaded up in the car and went pick up Klinny in Cougar Town, and after a bit of light shopping we headed to the Conference Center! I love that they made the background pink because we're a bunch of women!

It's always amazing to be in the presence of prophets and apostles!

I loved President Uchtdorf's talk on "Forget Me Not's!"

The 5 Petals to the Forget Me Not's:
  1. Never forget to be patient with yourself. Nobody is perfect. Weakness is a part of mortality.
  2. Never forget the difference between good and foolish sacrifices. Staying up late on a Saturday night to finish preparing a lesson, good sacrifice. Staying up late on a Saturday night to help your daughter pick out her outfit for church, foolish sacrifice. (Hahaha!)
  3. Never forget to be happy NOW! Do not wait for your "Golden Ticket," be satisfied with the candy bar. But never stop striving for the best inside you.
  4. Never forget the why of the gospel. The gospel is not an obligation, it is a pathway.
  5. Never forget that the Lord loves you! Infinitely! You are NOT forgotten!
He is such an amazing speaker! As Klinny said, "He knows how to talk to women! Can you imagine being married to him?" It's true, he does! I hope my future husband has that quality!

I'm so glad that we got to go and experience this in person! There is nothing quite like listening to tens of thousands of sisters singing all together!

And after the session was over we came out to this:

I love this temple! It's beauty is breathtaking! I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! It's true! :)

-Kelsey Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment