Friday, March 23, 2012

Review...

Welp...
The Hunger Games premier was last night...
And I didn't love it...
It was good...
But the books are ALWAYS better than the movie!
As Klin said, they did a good job following the storyline.
But I'm a detail-oriented person.

They left out a lot of little details:
-Katniss' burn was on her calf, not her thigh.
-Katniss got the pin from Madge, not from Greasy Sae at the Hob.
-They left out the tension between Haymitch and Katniss.
-They left out the sleeping serum from the cave.
-Katniss did not go deaf from the explosion.
-Peeta went before Katniss at the "rating."
-They left out that Katniss was faking it at the end!
-Weren't the mutations supposed to "embody" the dead tributes?
-And Katniss did NOT find water that soon in the beginning!
I'm sure there were others that I don't remember, but you get the idea.

Klin is right, they did follow the story line, Katniss and Peeta both lived.
There were some good parts too!
-When Gale takes Prim away, heartbreakingly good!
-Cinna! I thought Lenny Kravitz did a fantastic job!
-Cato, he wasn't as skinny and scrawny as I thought he was gonna be!
-Rue and Thresh, casted perfectly!
-I liked SOME of the insights into the Gamemaker's world.
-Effie Trinkett, she looked awesome!

But there was one thing that really drove me absolutely up the wall!
Peeta's Eyebrows! They should not have dyed them blond!
The hair looked bad enough but the eyebrows made it 10x worse!
I almost converted to team Gale because of them!

And thats all I have to say about that!

-Kelsey Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment