Finally my life is not too boring to post about!
This weekend was a busy weekend!
It was HOMECOMING! If you know me, you know
that I live for stuff like this! Parties, activities, and football!
On Friday night it was F.RED (Forever Red) Night!
We had a pep rally, food, concerts, and fireworks!
The firework show was pretty awesome!
Rocket to the Moon
Two bands performed. The first band was awesome. They
played all covers and it was fun to dance and sing along with them.
The second band was Rocket to the Moon. They were great!
It was a lot of fun!
Saturday was Homecoming day! We had a parade, a tailgate,
and the game! I am in the Brasil Club Leadership, so we had a float
in the parade! It was so so much fun! Our float was a little blue truck
that we covered in green and yellow paper and Brasilian flags!
Ronny drove and the rest of us sat in the bed of the truck and
threw candy at kids while listening/singing songs in Portuguese!
This is Kol. He is HILARIOUS! He can brighten your day
in a second! I love being in the Brasil Club!
After the tailgate it was game time! And bless the Institute's
heart for having free food for all of us poor college kids who
don't have their own grill to bring!
Note to self: Do NOT paint your face if you plan on staying
in the sun for an extended period of time! You will get a
sunburn and you WILL get awkward tan lines on your face!
The game was intense! We played the #2 team in our division.
We all thought we would get blown out, but we held our own!
It came down to the last 8 seconds of the game and we could've
tied the game, but the ball got knocked out of a receiver's hands
in the end zone before he had control of it..It was rough.
Right after the game, I hustled home and changed, packed a bag,
and head to St. Geezy. I went to the RS Broadcast with Kat-Y and
her stake. After the Broadcast we went back to her apartment
and beautified ourselves for the Allred Concert. And if you
know me you know that he is my favorite musician!
I hadn't been to a concert in a couple of years, so I was super
excited! Kat-Y had never been to one, so she was outside her mind with
excitement! It was pretty funny! The bands that opened up for him
were great! He was amazing! He played all of my favorite songs and a few
that he had never played for an audience! I was so glad I decided to go
down and ditch the Homecoming dance!
Notice how AWFUL I look and how Kat-Y is beaming with excitement!
Kat-Y was STARSTRUCK the whole time!
When we walked into the venue she kept staring at the poor guy..
I had to snap her out of her trance a few times! Haha!
"Snap out of it! Stop staring!"
"Kels, you don't understand! He's famous!"
"Kat-Y, you don't understand, I know! Quit drooling!"
It was so funny! I vowed never to take her to a concert again!
She wanted a picture SO badly, but was too scared to ask him
because, "He's famous!"
Today I decided to get off of my lazy rear and go work on
my photography project. This week our topic is landscapes.
We had to take 5 pictures of pure landscapes and 5 with man-made
elements in them. These are a few of my favorites.
I love the range of this one. It goes on forever.
I love the parachuter in this one. Glad he decided to come by while I was there.
This is one of my favorites! I love the layers of mountains and the shades of blue.
The rest I didn't use in my final project, but I just love the fall colors!
This weekend was a lot of fun! It was good to finally have a
fun weekend here, because they have been few and far between
since I moved out here. Things are looking up!
-Kelsey Lou
No comments:
Post a Comment