Two weekends was my Fall Break and I had a really rough week,
so I decided to take the whole week off! It was much needed!
Spending a whole week in Home Town was exactly what I needed!
It was a blast! I never really appreciated my friends and family
until I was 4 hours away in a town where I have very few friends.
Oh loved it! I miss Home Town so much! Parts of me wish that I could
move back there. Hopefully one day I will be able to!
Last weekend there was a Halloween dance at my institute in T-Bird
Town, so Lo, Alice, Karli, and I loaded up the car and headed down!
I know what your thinking. "You drove 4 hours to go to a dance,
spend the night, and then drive 4 hours back the next morning?"
And the answer is, yes!
Karli had a meeting on campus with the school newspaper, so I took Lo
and Alice on a tour of the school. Their favorite part was the Jelly Belly
station at the school convenience store! Haha!
After Karli's meeting and 3 blasted hours of primping we were ready for
the dance! We all decided we wanted to flapper girls and thank goodness
Wal-Mart had them for cheap! Lo and I were "The Reds!" And
Kat-Y, Alice, and Karli were the "Blackies!"
P.S. I have been curling my hair everyday for the past week and I kind of love it!
The institute dance kind of reminded all of us of a stake dance. Remember
those days? Awful! Super long line dances and super awkward
slow dances. But we made it fun! We looked great too!
We ran into Mitt Romney/Alice chased him down! "My mom is a huge
fan! Can we get a picture with you?!" Poor kid! Haha!
We didn't get to bed until 2:30 because Karli and Lo were having
"World War III" and we couldn't stop laughing! Needless to say, my
roommates think my friends are crazy! After hearing Alice's honk,
Kat-Y's snort, and Karli's screech they were in love! Thankfully we
slept in until 11:00! After we got ready we headed to have "brunch"
at Denny's! "I will have the biscuits and gravy. No meat. Extra lard."
Then we embarked on another 4 hour drive.
We had such a great weekend! I'm so glad we went down, partied,
and then brought Kat-Y home with us! Never a dull moment
with these girls!
We weren't even in T-Bird Town for 24 hours. Then Sunday afternoon
after Boyd's homecoming (thankfully he made it home in time!)
Kat-Y and I packed up my car and headed back down south. I drove
12 hours in two days, but it was worth it! Not gonna lie, I'm kind
of sad to be back in T-Bird Town. People think I'm crazy, but I love
Home Town!
In other news, I have the cutest niece in the world! She learned to say
"Bzzzzz" when asked what sound a bee makes, so she was a bee for Halloween!
Isn't she adorable?!
3 weeks until I get to go back to Home Town and until I get to
see that cute little face!
-Kelsey Lou
No comments:
Post a Comment