Friday, February 10, 2012

Media

I work in a sports bar so I am constantly surrounded by TV's, sports, and the news.
These are 2 of the most common things that I see at work that mean something to me.

#1 Peyton Manning! It's no secret that I am a huge fan of the Colts!
I love them and I love Peyton Manning! Welp...he had neck surgery over the summer
and is still healing, but has recently been cleared by dr.'s to play next season! Hallelujah!
But one sports analyst said that Peyton's arm is like a "limp noodle..." Yikes.. Now
the decision is whether to keep him or trade him. Personally, in my unbiased opinion,
the Colts should keep him! Duh! If he's healthy and can get his arm back, why would
you want to trade the leagues best QB?! Doesn't make sense! The trade deadline
is March 6th and I will be anxiously waiting for the news!
Dear Peyton, please stay!!!!! Love, Me!
#2 The Powell Family. This story breaks my heart every time I see the story on the news.

A family ripped apart by selfish acts.
It makes me sick to my stomach to think that Josh could take
the life of his wife and then the lives of his sons. Today at work I saw a boy
who looked like the oldest Powell boy and my heart broke.
My heart goes out to their family members mourning their loss.

My manager likes to watch the "gossip" news. I call it gossip news because it
seems like some of the stories are rumors and not completely factual.
After watching that show for several hours every day
I have realized how bad and scary the world has become.

-Kelsey Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment