Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Irritated

Here's the story:
So my stake holds a date night once a month, because the stake presidency thinks we don't date enough, which is totally true! So my friend sets me up with his cousin and they come down to College Town for this date. I met my date, "Chuck," once before but didn't really talk to him much. When they picked me we drove around for about an hour trying to find the shooting range we were supposed to meet the rest of the stake. The whole car ride Chuck was telling me these weird things about himself and making me feel pretty awkward.
When we finally got to the shooting range and met up with the rest of the people in our group Chuck was totally hitting on every other girl in our group. I mean it wasn't like he was my boyfriend and I wasn't jealous or anything, but seriously have the courtesy and the decency to not do it when I'm standing right there. And then he actually got another girls number! By this time I was totally checked out of our date and would've rather spent the night alone in my room.
After we were finished at the shooting range we all decided to go ice blocking and then to JB's for a treat. While we were at JB's he kept putting his arm around me and was trying to hold my hand. He also told the waitress we were getting married and he kept talking about "our" honeymoon. I know that part was a joke, but it was still weird. And then at my doorstep he asked if he could pretend kiss me just so that his cousin would think we really did. I said no but he did it anyway. (My parents and little sisters were sitting on the couch in the living room and saw the whole thing..awesome)
The next day he texted me (I did not give him my number he got it from my friend) and said, "Hey babe! I miss you so much! I can't wait to marry you!" Uhhhhhh ok....I was totally creeped out. I did not text back, but occasionally when he texts me I will text back. The other day he texted me and said hey, but I wasn't in the mood to talk to him so I didn't text him back. Then today I got a text from him that said, "Wow...no response?" and then a few minutes later I got another text that said, "I'm crushed."
I know I'm probably blowing this way out of proportion, but I really am mad and I just want to tell this kid to get over himself! He was a total jerk on our date and kinda creepy, and then he tries to make me feel bad about not texting him back...who does he think he is? I really think he thinks he's a major catch and has probably never been rejected in his life, but I'm not sorry I'm the first to do it.
Should I tell him off (which I would rather do because he seems to need a slice of humble pie) or just keep ignoring him until he gets the hint?

-Kelsey Lou

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha. First of all, I apologize for "blog-stalking". Second of all, I'm laughing my butt off at this post! Definitely sounds like he thinks he's too cool for school.

    ReplyDelete