Monday, August 22, 2011

The Hunger Games

WARNING: The following post may be a waste of your time! I had all these thoughts bouncing around in my head about the book and movie and I had to get them out some how! No one in my house has read the books so they don't care and wouldn't listen if I tried.

At the beginning of the summer my mom made me set a goal on how many books I would read over the summer, so it didn't waste all my time in front of the TV. I chose three. Not that I'm a slow reader, I just had three books in mind. I wanted to read the Hunger Game Series.


I wanted to read all the books before the first movie came out next year. After waiting three solid months, (the library only had one copy for the whole town) I finally got my hands on the first book! I practically read it in a day! It definitely lived up to all the hype! After I finished it I was pretty much obsessed. I started looking up information about the movie, mostly about who had been cast for the leading roles. I was mostly interested in who would be playing Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen, Cato the Career, and Gale. When I read a book, as I'm sure most of you do, I imagine how my characters look so that I can see what is happening in the book. My version of characters is usually a bit different than that of the directors. For instance when I was reading Twilight I imagined Joe Jonas as Edward..not even close!

This is who I envisioned as Peeta:

Hellooooo Alex Pettyfer! Perfect right?!

But this is who has been cast as Peeta:

Josh Hutcherson. He's cute, but when I look at him I think of him when he starred in the movie Bridge to Terabithia...He will always be that 12 year old boy to me...But like in Twilight, Robert Pattinson was a much better Edward than Joe Jonas would have been! So hopefully Josh will capture my heart as Peeta!

This is who has been cast as Katniss Everdeen:

I never actually had a specific person in mind for Katniss, but Jennifer Lawrence is pretty close to who I imagined, only my Katniss had darker hair..

Now on to Cato! Now when I think of someone who has been trained all their life to fight in the arena, I think of someone who is roughly the size of Uncle Vernon from Harry Potter! Not necessarily the fat part, but just the largeness of the person!

So this is who I imagined as Cato:



Yes, this is the kid who plays Crabbe in the Harry Potter movies! Haha!

This is who actually plays Cato:

Not exactly the lean, mean, killing machine I'd imagined. He looks harmless! I imagined the Careers as big huge monsters that rip people limb from limb, but all the Careers they casted (Except Thresh) look like dainty little flowers...they must be great actors!

And last and least ( I'm on Team Peeta right now) there's Gale..Katniss' best friend, hunting partner, and "Soul Mate" according to my sister. But as we all know Peeta is WAY better than Gale, just sayin'!

Here is my Gale:


A little dark, brooding, and has a bit of a bad boy side!

And their Gale:


Miley Cyrus' boyfriend, Liam. Ew.

I've decided that my Peeta is similar looking to their Gale, and their Peeta is

similar looking to my Gale!

Regardless of how the real cast members look, I'm going to stick with my

characters until the movie comes out!

Now I know I'm a good 3-4 years late for this, but if you have not read this book

or the series go read them! NOW!

And I have resolved that instead of waiting three months (per book) for the

books from the library, I am going to buy them! I saw them

at Wal-Mart for $6 each!! :D

-Kelsey Lou

(not really sure why my line spacing, font size and color are always changing...)

1 comment:

  1. http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20419951_20479641,00.html?stitched

    ReplyDelete