Monday, August 13, 2012

Games Over..

The Olympics are over.. And I find that I have so much free time now..
These games were so much fun to watch! 
Records were broken and legends were made!
I loved that they were in London, because I could say, 
"I've been there!" or "I've seen that!" or "That's right by Westminster Bridge!"
I've been missing me some London a lot for the past two weeks!

Good news! Every country we put on our Medal Count won a few medals!
And I am proud to say that the good ol' USA took first with 104
medals total, and we also took first in gold medals with 46!
Here are the standings of the Olympics Medal Count (if you care):
 USA: 46 Gold, 29 Silver, & 29 Bronze = 104
China: 38 Gold, 27 Silver, & 23 Bronze = 88
Russia: 24 Gold, 26 Silver, & 32 Bronze = 82
Great Britain: 29 Gold, 17 Silver, & 19 Bronze = 65
Germany: 11 Gold, 19 Silver, & 14 Bronze = 44
Japan: 7 Gold, 14 Silver, & 17 Bronze = 38
Australia: 7 Gold, 16 Silver, & 12 Bronze = 35 
France: 11 Gold, 11 Silver, & 12 Bronze = 34
Italy: 8 Gold, 9 Silver, & 11 Bronze = 28
Brazil: 3 Gold, 5 Silver, & 9 Bronze = 17
Jamaica: 4 Gold, 4 Silver, & 4 Bronze = 12
Ireland: 1 Gold, 1 Silver, & 3 Bronze = 5
Even though I hate that the Olympics are over, I did not mind watching
the Closing Ceremonies! My favorite part was ONE DIRECTION'S performance!
Call me immature for liking them! I don't care! I have Direction Obsession!
Ok..maybe not obsession, but I do love them! They make 
Justin Bieber a thing of the past!

And now that the fun is over it's time to take down the Olympic decorations..
It almost feels like taking down Christmas decorations. The next big event will
occur in t-minus 10 days, when I make the big move to T-Bird Town for school!
Yeehaw!

-Kelsey Lou

2 comments:

  1. Canada is not on your count.
    LAME.
    And you tossed Biebs.
    Also a Canadian.
    I'm beginning you have a thing against my country, lady...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love Great Britain a little more these days.

      Delete