Thursday, November 17, 2011

Wingin' It

I work at Winger's in College Town. It's pretty fun and I really like it!
Today when I went into work a man wearing a Winger's shirt was in the kitchen watching
the cooks make food. I thought he was just some guy who worked for Corporate
and was in charge of making sure the cooks made the food right.
Well when he wanted to eat lunch he got sat in my section. Of course I was
nervous he was from Corporate! Then when I went to get him his popcorn my manager
pulled me aside and was giving my loads of advice.
  • "Sell, sell, sell! Sell flavored drinks, appetizers, extra sides, and dessert!"
  • "He's timing you, so be quick!"
  • "Be sure you mention all of our new promotions!"
At that point I got really really nervous! He must be really important if they're
making such a big deal out of this.

"Who is this guy?" I asked.
"Kelsey, that's Eric Slaymaker! He invented Winger's!"

My nerves just went through the roof! He doesn't work at Corporate, he IS Corporate!

"Hurry! Don't keep him waiting!"

While waiting on him he kept asking me questions about drinks and appetizers
and pretty much grilling me on the menu. Good thing I knew the stuff he was asking
or I probably would've lost my job! :S

One of my tables noticed that I was paying particular attention to him, so they asked,

"Is that guy a food critic or something? He must be important."
"No he isn't a food critic. He created Winger's, so he's the Head Honcho around these parts."
"Oh man! That stinks you got him in your section! Are you nervous?"
"Uh...just a little!"
"Well good luck with that!"

I guess he goes around to all the Winger's in the U.S. and tries the food. He just
takes bites. A bite of his appetizer, a bite of his entree, and bite of his delicious dessert!
Lucky for me I got to eat the rest of his Cookie Zookie! Mmmmm!
After all was said and done he said that I did a really good job and only needed to change
the way the I phrased certain things! I was pumped when I got home!
Today was a good day and I'm not getting fired!

-Kelsey Lou



1 comment:

  1. Oh man! I would have been a stress case! Congrats on still having a job :)

    ReplyDelete